Saturday, January 29, 2011

Mind Made Up, Heart Closed Up

I've made up my mind
for what I believe to be
the final time
can I stay away?
I will only tell by the days
that pass by
so slowly
torturing me as each second slips by
time lingers in your absence
like your presence lingers in my soul
it will take years to shake this feeling
of being so far gone
you have become a drug
I'm addicted to your words
whatever they may be
I call you up to get a hit
and then crash when I hear the receiver click
I long for a chance encounter
just a chance to see
the face that once loved me
the withdraws consume my body
eating my heart from the inside out
the pain takes me over
i shake and sweat in bed
dreams, nightmares filling my head
they continue through the day
ghosts breathing down my neck
I can't escape
my addiction
it chases after me
but I must overcome it
learn to put you away
you put me away
now its my turn
I must walk away
and never look back
at our love that was
at my broken heart
I must learn to close it off
become cold and numb
and make up my mind
once and for all.

Goodbye is what you want,
so goodbye my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment