Thursday, October 21, 2010

Flash


I miss the flash of the camera.
The light blinding my eyes.
Watery and red
make-up hung upon them.

I miss the click of the lens.
The way I could connect
with the person behind it.
Communication in a mere second.


I miss the characters I became.
Putting on different personalities
trying on crazy life styles
losing myself in the fun of it all.

I miss the make-up artists
the way they transformed my face
older, younger, bolder,
all in the stoke of a brush.

I miss the adventures I went on.
Subways, buses, planes
driving 8 hours home and back alone
meeting so many amazing people along the way.

I miss the way the sunset on the skyline
spectacular views from my roof
of the city that filled my heart with magic
held me when I fell, on my way to dreams.

I miss the ones who became a part of my soul
sharing beds in the cold winter nights
cuddled in blankets, sipping hot tea
parties where night never came.

I miss you.
That part of me I left behind.
I feel you call to me
but I can not return.

Not yet, anyway.

1 comment:

  1. aww.. I like this.

    I'm sorry you're missing modelling, darling. I hope you get a few direct bookings before too long, but it is winter coming up, so that's less likely.. come springtime, though, you'll get some, I'm sure. :)

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete